Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I just called, to say, I love you!

I love stinkin’ rich people .... better still, I love them even more when they open their hearts and wallets to great causes.

This past Saturday night was no exception. The glitz and glam of Toronto’s high society were out in full force to benefit a charity that is near and dear to me, Villa Charities. I was there too, with my corporate table of great clients, and loving every minute of it.

The evening raised just over $1.3 million dollars and guests were treated to some of the finest food, decor, champagne and entertainment. Capping off the evening was a surprise performance by the legendary Stevie Wonder who played for almost 90 minutes. The audience went completely gaga over Stevie and I saw lots of folks tweeting immediately when he hit the stage. "Guess who is playing at the Venetian Ball!!?"

It was a magical evening indeed.

But these events don’t get pulled off without some talented, passionate individuals who work tirelessly for months orchestrating this grand affair. The two gentlemen I want to single out are James DiLuca and Steven Muzzo – two young entrepreneurs with big hearts, big wallets and an even bigger vision on how a charity event gets to the next level. They did just that – drawing the biggest attendance record with just over 2,300 people.

Hard to top that for next year!

Congrats to all those involved on a successful event and enjoy the pics below!

Co-Chairs: Steven Muzzo and James DiLuca (the Dynamic Duo!)

The Great One! Legendary Stevie (Wonderful) Wonder!


The gorgeous tables

That's me and my honey, Gerry Riddell

No comments: